Tuesday 15 July 2008

Last day in Oxford :(





July 11, 2008
I woke up early this morning and Emily, Sarah, and I went to breakfast in Gloucester Green.  We had Belgian waffles and then we went shopping! We had to be back at Wycliffe Hall at 11:00am to have a debrief of the trip (we all called it the "disorientation"). We filled out an evaluation form for the program and then we did an activity where we talked about how we changed during the program.  When the session was over, Lindsey, Katie, and I walked into City Centre and shopped.  It started raining so we had lunch at "The Mission", a Mexican grill.  Katie and I bought silk scarves.  We walked to the Ashmolean gift shop and then back to Wycliffe.  Then we walked to Crick to rest.  When I woke up from my nap, I started packing and then a few of us had spaghetti again.  Everyone gathered downstairs in the living room and Evelyn played the violin for us.  Then a few of us jammed on the guitar and sang songs together.  We ended with "Leaving on a Jet Plane."  Then we set out to do our chores.  I had to vacuum the downstairs living room.  I finished up my laundry and said goodbye to people who were not getting up in the morning.  Tomorrow I will be leaving Oxford and it will be bittersweet. I will miss these people and being here, but I am excited to see my family!

No comments: